[Soompi France] Conférence de presse de Jay Park et Dok2 à Paris

2558B345526FAF072DD8EF

271A7F45526FAF0A083330

(대박 큰 사진^^;; 클릭하고 보세요^ㅠ^)

인터뷰 원문http://www.soompi.fr/2013/10/28/soompi-france-conference-de-presse-de-jay-park-et-dok2-a-paris/

영어로 번역

Paris Press Conference Transcript via Soompi France!

You seem to be constantly busy (concerts, promotions etc.) What is your secret to successfully juggle all these activities?

Jay Park: Yes, I do a lot of concerts, like today in France. I just found my label called AOMG. I'm working on my album, we also produce other artists. The key is to find balance. During the day, I may write lyrics or do something else for my album. In the evening, I see other members AOMG, I can produce a song for someone else and the next day I'll be rehearsing for my concert in France. Everything is well organized. "Thank you" (in French).

You have created your own label. What is the next step?

Jay Park: Creating the label was already an important step for me. We have artists like Gray who released his album yesterday. I think the goal is to make good music and make the name AOMG recognized. In my case, I'm working on a mixtape where I sing in English and I am also working on my album due out next year. This is what occupies me a lot [at the moment].

Congratulations on your appointment to Mnet Music Awards for Best Dance Performance. What do you think of this appointment? What do you think of the classification system?

Jay Park: I'm not always on top of the rankings, but it does not bother me. I make music that I love, I work with people with whom I want to make music. Even though my songs are not at the top of rankings, I see that many people enjoy my music and that is enough. And ... what was the first part of the question? (laughter and the question is repeated on MAMAs) I do not know ... I do not feel that the choreography of "Joah" was so outstanding that much, so I really do not understand why I received this appointment ... (do you have competitive spirit?) Do I have the spirit of competition? No. I probably will not win, but it does not matter. It is an honor to be nominated, but I do not feel that "Joah" is a song really putting forward a choreography.

This is a question addressed to Jay Park and Dok2. Have you prepared something special for your concert in Paris?

Jay Park: This is the first time we will produce a set of non-Korean scene since 2010. The fact that we are all on the same stage is something special and also the fact that we are in Paris. This is the first time for me. (with Dok2) This is the first time you do a scene in Paris? (Dok2 says yes) So this is the first time we perform in Paris. We do it together. Having AOMG 1llionaire and on the same stage, it is already special in itself.

What did you think of the French before coming to France? Specific expectations?

Jay Park: Hm ... It seems that the French do not pluck. Is that true? (laughter in the room) I do not know. Is that true? No? Okay, so no, I do not really have any expectations. I just know that this is the country of love or it is that Paris is the city of love? And French is the language of love, so I expect still to much. And it is that girls pluck. (And Dok2?) Me too [I have the same opinion].

How are your collaborations with the likes of Cha Cha crew AOM? 

Jay Park: It's been years that Cha Cha and I belong to the same crew of b-boys. When I went solo and I took control of my career, making the link to work together seemed logical. Cha Cha was music. I was doing music. It was good music. I started at the time. My musical roots are hip-hop and R&B, he also makes hip-hop and R&B. He also makes pop now, but back then, it was mainly R&B, so the association was logical. (And your collaborations with Dok2? Jay Park thinks a few seconds and someone suggests they live a great love) Absolutely, it was our destiny. (laughs) It was a performance in Seattle. I was there too at the time and that's how we got in touch. We exchanged contact information. When I returned to Korea, we thought we should do a song together. Dok2 is also the one who introduced me to the Korean hip-hop because I was not really listening to hip-hop apart from the American hip-hop. I listened to what was Dok2 and I thought it was great, and since then I'm into Korean hip-hop. I am part of the Korean hip-hop now, so it [the meeting and what followed] worked well. It was really fate.

Jay Park, what message would you send to your French fans?

Jay Park: I do not have a particular message to convey. I want to introduce myself [as an artist] my music [shows] what I do on stage. Dok2 and I want to introduce ourselves to them and have a good time. This is the first time we've been to Paris, so I did not come here to give a serious message or something like that. This is really the first time that I'm present myself to the public, so this is what is really important to me.

Compared to label AOMG you see yourself as the CEO or as a member?

Jay Park: I guess you could say I'm the CEO, but for me, we're a team. We started AOMG together and we build together. This is not the style "I'm the CEO, you Gray, be my slave." Absolutely not. To me, we are a team and that's teamwork where everyone in his place.

Your musical influences? A favorite artist? 

Dok2: With me ... ( someone suggests Rihanna ) Yes. ( Pause ... laughs ) I find my inspiration in my life everyday. I travel a lot, I go shopping, watch movies. This is what inspires me. And my favorite artist is Meek Mill now. MMG (Maybach Music Group).

Jay Park: Same for me. I'm inspired by the experiences I live. Musically, when I was younger, my favorite artists were people like Usher, 2Pac, Biggie, Canibus, Eminem. At this point, I would say Big Sean, Asap Rocky, Drake, Meek Mill, of course. Who else ... Miguel, TGT ... Dok2. (Laughs)

What do you think of the place of Korean hip-hop underground in the Korean music scene, as it becomes more and more popular with the general public at home and abroad?

Jay Park : The underground scene of the Korean hip-hop really becomes important in Korea. You can see how far 1llionaire Dok2 and in a few years. With people like Amoeba Culture, Brand New Music, Hi-Lite Records and others...the public is aware of what is happening. The underground hip-hop scene has many talents, whether on a music level or stage performances. They make good shows, so yes, I think the [general] public realizes the underground scene and will continue to grow. With idol groups, the choreography, the K-pop has become internationally popular and I hope that the Korean underground hip-hop can do the same and please the foreign public like the K-Pop they liked.

Dok2: I do not see things in terms of underground hip-hop and hip-hop overground (general public). Hip-hop, it's just hip-hop and nothing else, so ... here, hip-hop is just hip-hop. (laughs)

One last word to your fans?

Jay Park: I'm really happy to be here. This is the first time I'm in Paris, France. It's been awhile that I wanted to come here and I'm glad I could do it with Dok2, AOM. I hope that the concert will be a success. It will make you a beautiful concert! Turn up! Dok2: Again, turn up!

(Laughs)

Jay Park/Dok2: "Thanks!" (In French)

Video of the press conference and our mini-interview with Jay Park will soon be online, so stay tuned to Soompi France!

--------

Translation by our awesome friend Google Translate :D

Link to the original: http://www.soompi.fr/2013/10/28/soompi-france-conference-de-presse-de-jay-park-et-dok2-a-paris/

(via Elemeno @elemenose)