I had the pleasure of meeting Jay Park backstage at the 2011 R16 World B-Boy Masters Championship at Seoul Olympic Park on Saturday, July 7.

Wearing a red and blue plaid T-shirt tucked behind his infamous diamond-studded AOM (Art of Movement) belt with a matching cap to top it off, Jay seemed pretty relaxed backstage. After clearing the area of some AOM fan mail and gifts, we sat down for a quick chat.

The fact that he was able to b-boy on stage with his crew seemed to give him the energy he needed after a few busy months! He was full of energy!

Asking what he’s been up to lately, he rattled-off a list which includes: preparing for the R16 battle against the Red Bull BC One All Star crew, a Japan fan meet, performing in Jeju for an Open Concertworking on his new singleshooting for the movie “Mr. Idol,” and of course b-boying with his crew, AOM.

He claimed that he only had about two weeks to prepare for R16 due to his busy schedule, but we wouldn’t know it based on his solid b-boying and singing performances.  At the end of the night, he treated his fans with “Abandoned,” “믿어줄래 (Nothin’ on You),” “Touch the Sky (featuring KRNFX),” and his own remix of Lil Wayne’s “6’7.”

Not only did Jay have a special stage with Toronto’s KRNFX, but he also had a collaboration prepared with Drunken Tiger for Sunday, Day 2 of R16. He also mentioned Tiger JK as an artist he respects and hopes to work with someday.

After catching up on R16, I enquired about his numerous tattoos. His latest tattoo is the one on his left hand which boldly states, NEW BREED.

“Something that hasn’t been before… just being cocky, I guess,” Jay said with a grin.  After pointing out yet another tattoo on his left forearm (FOREVER STAY GRINDIN’), he said, “I wanted to get that too. Just get random tattoos everywhere.” Then he pointed to his right thigh and said, “I have one on my inner thigh. It says ‘inner thigh’…. nah, I’m just playin.”

Jay, you tease!

I actually believed him for a second! Apparently so many people ask him about his tattoos he’s thinking about actually getting one there as a joke.

Many Jaywalkerz were disappointed with his short and limited promotions during “Abandoned” due to the fact he was simultaneously shooting for his movie. However, he plans to make more television and radio appearances to promote his new single– so be on the lookout next month!

Although Jay has nothing planned yet, he still dreams about visiting his fans around the world. “I want to go to all the places I went to last year and go to even new places like Australia, Europe, and anywhere in the States.”

Jay stated he has some American songs in the works and plans to start promoting next year with a U.S. and Canada tour.

Perhaps this is what is needed to help bring the Hallyu Wave to North America. He definitely has a strong enough international fan base as seen by the fans that were there to support him. Cheers for Jay were deafening once he came on stage for the special b-boy battle.  It was amazing to see both Korean and international fans stand side by side, screaming out his name with their cameras raised high to capture every second of his presence.

During the b-boy battle Jay unleased his inner diva and started busting moves from2NE1’s latest single, “I’m the Best.”

Jay, yes you are! I can’t believe you’re DRINKING out of a can! That is SO EXCITING!

Remember what we said about the “dancing ovation”? The virus hit Jay too!

*좌표 : http://kormore.com/2011/07/08/exclusive-backstage-jay-park/

대충내용 : 준비중인 미국노래 몇곡있고 내년에 미국,캐나다투어로 활동할예정/다음달 새싱글 홍보하기위해 티비,라디오 더 많이 출연할예정