E! NEWS JAY PARK SPECIAL 발해석 by Hailey
한국말이나 단어 어색해도 걍 대충 봐요.. 내가 해석하면서도 너무 어색해…..;;;;;
늘 그렇듯 오타는 그냥 애교려니 해요, 다시 읽기에도 벅차ㅠㅠ
영어 본문 by 배바지.
He was once music’s public enemy no.1
그는 한때 음반시장의 적, no.1이었다 .
J: Something goes wrong you’re out, blacklisted.
뭔가 잘못되면 당신은 아웃이다. 블랙리스트에 오른다.
And former leader of 2pm one of the biggest boy bands in Asia.
아시아의 가장 큰 보이밴드중 하나인 2 00의 전 리더.
J: It was overwhelming. I didn’t really know how to take it.
이건 압도적이었다. 난 정말 어떻게 받아들여야 할지 몰랐다.
He was the fallen angel who was cast into Korean Pop purgatory, but genuine talent always prevails.
그는 한국 팝-지옥(케이팝시장)으로 발탁되었지만, 진실로 재능있고 언제나 승리하는 (하늘에서) 떨어진 천사였다.
He shrugged off a social media scandal to become the biggest solo star in Korea.
그는 한국의 가장 큰 솔로스타가 되기위해 social media 스캔들은 무시했다.
Bernie Cho: He got taken down by social media, but social media is what brought him back up again.
그는 소셜 미디아때문에 끌어내려졌지만, 그를 다시 한번 복귀시킨것도 소셜 미디아이다.
ChaCha: I really think that made him stronger. He takes every situation and rose from it.
난 그 일이 그를 더 강하게 만들었다고 생각한다.
그는 모든 상황을 받아들일줄 안다.
(재범이가 긍정적인 마인드의 소유자라는 이야기도 했었음)
This is the story of a young man’s single-minded determination to build an empire to rival the KPop establishment. 이건 한 젊은 남자의 홀로내린 결정(초지일관된)에 관한 이야기이다. 케이팝 체제에 맞서기위해 제국을 건설하는 이야기이다.
Ben B: I just think it was meant to be. Period.
난 이게 이렇게 될 일이었다고 생각한다. Period: 더이상 말할 필요도 없다는 뜻. 끝. 이란 의미.
E! Gives you extraordinary access to a young star who in such a short time has lived a career resembling a carnival ride. E news가 이 짧은 시간에 마치 carnival ride(놀이기구) 같은 커리어를 살아온
젊은 스타에게로 다가갈 특별한 기회를 주겠다.
Hold on tight and stay tuned as he reveals all the answers to the most important questions.
그러니 그가 가장 중요한 질문들에대한 모든 대답들을 드러내는동안 체널을 고정하고 기다려라.
J: Yeah, I’ll do a reunion. I’m down to do a reunion.
나는 재회하는것에 찬성이에요.
(다시 만나는것 이상의, 그러니까 재결합을 의미하진 않는다고 보임)

This is the E! News Asia Special Jay Park.
이뉴스 아시아, 제이팍 스페셜입니다.
--
At 26 years of age Jay Park or Jae Beom to his Korean following is the product of a notoriously tough
factory that creates Korean pop stars. But, he was a maverick sent into exile but defied all the odds to conquer music once again. E! first catches up with Jay on a 2 day excursion to Bangkok where he has just released his no. 1 single “I Like 2 Party.” This is a country he has had a love affair with since bursting on to the scene in 2009 with his former band, 2PM. But since then, his story has taken all the twists and turns of a Hollywood script. Now, he is a solo music icon and the changes are palpable.
26살의 나이로 제이팍 혹은 그의 한국팬들에게는 재범.은 거칠기로 악명높은, 케이팝스타를 만들어내는 회사의 상품이었다. 그러나, 그는 망명(그룹에서의 재명)되었고, 그러나 모든 어려움에 반기를 들고 다시한번 음악을 정복한다. E!가 처음으로 Jay와 만난것은 방콕으로의 2틀동안의 여행동안이었다. 그가 그의 넘버원 싱글“I Like 2 Party.” 를 갓 출시한. 이 나라는 그가 2009년에 그의 전 밴드, 200과의 폭발적인 사건이 있은 후로 그가 사랑(연애)해온 나라이다. 하지만 그 이후로 그의 이야기는 모두 외곡되고 할리우드의 대본처럼 변했다. 이제 지금, 그는 솔로음악의 아이콘이며 그 변화는 매우 극명하다(현실적이다)
J: It’s very very different because before we didn’t really have a creative control over anything. Now, I have 100% creative control, I started my own label, I’m producing my own album, I’m writing my own songs, working with whoever I get to work with, I get to see my family all the time, I get to see my friends all the time. It’s pretty much like 180 just completely different.
이건 매우 다르다 왜냐하면 우린 어떠한 부분에있어서도 창조적인 컨트롤을 정말 가지지 못했기 때문이다.지금 나는 백프로 컨트롤을 가지고있고, 내 레이블을 시작했고, 내가 나의 앨범을 재작하고, 내가 내 자신의 음악을 만들고, 내가 일하고자 하는 누구와도 함께 일하며, 내 가족을 언제든지 볼수있고, 내 친구들과 언제나 볼수있다. 이건 그냥 거의 180도, 완전히 다르다.
It’s 7:30 A.M. and Jay has arrived in TV 3 Thailand’s morning show, Morning Story. Word of his appearance has spread like wildfire through his loyal female fanbase. Although all eyes are on him, he’s relaxed and ready to go. Interpreter by his side he has decided now that he’s his own man to perform one of his more edgier tracks.
지금은 아침 7:30 이고 제이는TV 3 Thailand’s morning show, Morning Story에 막 도착했다. 그가 나타났다는 소식은 그의 로열한 (충직한) 여성 팬들사이에 마치 화염처럼 번졌다. 모든 시선이 그에게 집중되어있음에도 불구하고, 그는 릴렉스했고 준비되어있었다. (쇼를위한) 통역관이 그의 곁에있고, 그는 이제 그의 엣지한 트랙중 하나를 공연하기로 결정했다.
Bernie Cho: I think right when talked about made in Korea obviously Hyundai, LG, SamSung are household names. But now KPop has been thrown into that mix where now you’re starting to see bands just as recognized or even more recognized as brands all over the world. Not only are they being trained to become artists who can dance and who can sing but they’re also being trained how act how to deal with press how to deal with modeling how to deal with even foreign languages.
“메이드 인 코리아”에대해 이야기할때, 명박히 현대, 엘지, 삼성은 누구나안다. 하지만 지금은 케이팝이 그 믹스속에 던져졌고, 지금 너가 보기 시작했듯이 그룹들이 인식되고 혹은 전 세계적으로 상품/브랜드로서 더욱 인지되고있다. 그들은 아티스트가 되기위해 그저 춤출줄 알고 노래좀 부를줄 알도록 트래이닝을 받은게 아니라,,,어떻게 행동하고 어떻게 언론에 대쳐해야하는지 어떻게 모델링 해야하는지 심지어 외국어에 대해서도 트레이닝을 받는다.
J: Ohh!
오오!!( 체중계위로 올라가서 몸무개를 재봄)
Man: How heavy? How heavy?
얼마나 무거워?
J: It’s 66(kg), with all this stuff on though. I got this made by this guy named Ben Baller very famous jeweler he makes Justin Beiber’s stuff and all the rappers’ stuff.
66킬로, 근데 이 모든것(옷, 악세서리, 신발..)들도 함께. 이건 벤 볼러라는 사람이 만든건데, 매우 유명한 쥬얼러이다. 그는 저스틴비버와 많은 래퍼들것을 만든다.
Ben Baller: The funny thing is every single rapper that gets a deal first thing they do is they got to get a chain. Cause you know that symbolizes you made it in hip hop.
재미있는건 모든 솔로 래퍼들이 의미를 두고 가장먼저 하는일은 체인(큰 목걸이)를 갖는것이다.
왜냐하면 체인이 너가 힙합에 몸담고있음을 의미함을 알고있기 때문이다.
J: How do I look? Cool?
나 어때? 쿨해?
Jay is known for having the most loyal and dedicated fans in Asian music he never misses an opportunity to pay tribute to hoards of followers who fought hard to put him back on the KPop mat. They are his personal army who continually bestow gifts on him. This fan spent days handcrafting Jay Park chocolate figurines. Now that he’s a solo act his fans have replaced his former band members.
제이는 아시아에서 가장 충직하고 헌신적인 팬층을가지고있는것으로 알려져있다, 그는 그를 다시 케이팝시장으로 돌아오도록 열심히 싸워준 팔로워들에게 존경를 표시할 기회를 절대 놓치지 않는다.
그들은 그의 개인적인 군대이며 끊임없이 그에게 선물을준다. 이 팬은 손수 초코렛으로 제이팍 모형을 만들기위해 며칠을 보냈다. 이제 그는 솔로이며 그의 팬들은 그의 이전 밴드맴버들을 대신했다.
J: Ever since I’ve gone solo, it’s like I’ve been doing lots of shows and at first it was rough you don’t know how to work the crowd you start noticing where people react what people react what people like what people don’t like you live and you learn basically.
내가 솔로로 전향한 후로, 난 많은 쇼를 해왔다 처음에는 힘들었다. 어떻게 사람들과 일해야할지 몰랐다.
어디서 사람들이 반응하는지, 어떤것에 반응하는지, 사람들이 뭘 좋아하는지, 뭘 싫어하는지 눈치채기 시작하고. 살아있고 배우는거다, 기본적으로.
Ben Baller: One of the significant pieces in hip hop they get a Jesus piece. It’s a very significant piece in hip hop. When he puts on that Jesus piece and he goes on stage he knows that’s part of his uniform it’s like the Superman “S” on the chest.
힙합에서 그들이 겟.하는 중요한 것중 하나는 지져스 피스이다. 이것은 힙합에서는 매우 의미있는 피스이다. 그가 그 지저스 피스를 차고 무대에 오를떄, 그는 그게 그의 의상중에 일부임을 안다. 이것 마치 슈퍼맨의 가슴팍의 에스.와 같다.
And he is like a superhero to his fans. He’s had to grow up fast without his band mates and going from hero to zero caused him to reassess his reason for being.
Bernie Cho: Jay Park like many other overseas Koreans came to Korea with the idea that he could be maybe possibly a KPop star.
그리고 제이는 그의 핸들에게 슈퍼히어로같다. 그는 그의 밴드맴버들 없이 빨리 성장해야만했고, 영웅에서 지로(0)로 갔고, 그것이 그로 하여금 그의 존재의 이유로 다시 돌아가게했다.
Jay Park was born and raised in Seattle, Washington. The son of Korean immigrants, his family moved to the U.S. so his father could start up his travel business. His parents could never have believed that move to the states would play such a pivotal role for their son. It paved the way to him experiencing a treasure trove of musical influences which would shape his signature brand of Korean Pop 2 decades later.
Jay Park은Seattle, Washington에서 태어나고 자랐다. 한국이민자들의 아들로, 그의 가족은 미국으로 이사했고 그의 아버지는 여행사 사업을 시작할수 있었다. 그의 부모님은 미국으로의 이민이 그들의 아들에게 있어 중심축의 역활을 하게되리라고는 믿어본일이 없었다. 그것은 그가 귀중한 음악적인 영향을 받을수있도록 길을 포장했고 그것이 20년뒤 그의 독자적인 케이팝 브랜드를 만들도록했다.
Father: He never wanted to be a star or never wanted to be an artists or anything. He just wanted to dance with friends.
제이는 스타가 되길 원했던적이 없었고, 아티스트가 되고싶다거나 한것도 아니었다. 그는 그저 친구들과 춤추기를 원했다.
J: I made a group of friends and we started practicing together and they had a crew and we always danced together so it only made sense I join their crew and that was AOM.
친구들을 모아 그룹을 만들었고 우린 함께 연습하고 크루가 되고, 우리는 언제나 함께 춤을췄다. 그래서 내가 그들의 크루에 조인하는건 당연한 일이었고 그게바로 AOM이었다.
Hiep: When I first saw him, I thought he was really cool because he got the spiky hair and he got the bangs coming down like this like a cartoon character.
처음에 그를 봤을때, 난 그가 매우 쿨하다고 생각했다 그는 스파이키 머리를 하고있었고 앞머리가 이렇게(손으로 표시함) 내려왔는데, 꼭 만화 캐릭터같았다.
ChaCha: I think he really liked power moves and the showy stuff all that spinning and all that was more his style.
그가 파워무브와 보여주는(과시하는) 동작들을 굉장히 좋아한다고 느꼈고, 스핀이나 모든 것들이 그의 스타일이었다.
Around this time, Jay’s sense of family responsibility and leadership qualities came to the fore.
이 시기에, 제이의 가족에대한 책임감과 리더십이 다가왔다.
J: I kind of got to see some troubles with money. People were calling the house to pay back the loan and looking for my mom. We’d always answer the phone and my mom would never want to answer the phone. Seeing that was not good. So that’s why I always wanted to make money just so I could support the family so they didn’t have to get those calls and they didn’t have to worry about money. So it’s like I wanted to do something about it.
돈에 관련된 문제들에 맞딱뜨렸었다. 사람들이 집으로 빚을 갚으라는 전화를 하면서 엄마를 찾았다. 우린 언제나 전화를 받았었는데 엄마는 전화를 절대 받고싶지 않아했다. 좋지않은 일이라는걸 알았다. 그래서 난 언제나 돈을 벌고싶었다 그래서 가족을 부양하고, 그들이 그런 전화를 받지 않아도 되고 그들이 돈에대한 걱정을 하지 않아도 되길 바랬다. 그래서 이것에 대해 뭔가 하고싶었다.
The financial pressures at home affected Jay’s school grades, but it would be through an incredible twist of fate that would set him on the path to stardom.
집안의 경제적인 부담감이 제이의 학업성적에 영향을 미쳤지만, 이것은 그를 스타로의 행보로 들여놓은 굉장한 행운으로 돌아왔다.
J: You know my mom one day she was like there’s like audition thing from JYP you should go audition and I didn’t know what it was I thought it was like a contest where if you get first place you get like thousand dollars or something like that so I was like ok I can do it. At the very end they called my name and they were like we want to meet your son, want to fly him out to become a trainee.
엄마가 어느날 와서는JYP에서 주최하는 오디션같은것이 있다며 오디션에 나가보라고 했다. 난 그게 뭔지 잘 몰랐고, 이게 일등하면 몇천불주거나 하는 콘테스트같은건줄 알았다. 그래서 난 오케이 할수있다.그런식이었다. 맨 마지막에 그들이 내 이름을 불렀고 그들은 당신의 아들을 만나보고싶다, 그를 대리고가서 트래이닝을 받게 하고싶다고 했다.
Father: I think he considered it like 2 weeks 3 weeks whether he goes to Korea or not. It wasn’t very easy decision that we let him go but he didn’t really want to go either .
After much deliberation his parents left the decision with the 15 year old Jay, but there was a force of nature at work.
2주인가 3주정도를 한국에 갈지 말지에대해 고민하는것 같았다우리가 그를 보낸다는게 정말 쉬운 결정이 아니었고, 그 역시도 그리 가고싶어하지는 않았다.
많은 고민끝에 그의 부모님은 15살의 제이에게 결정하도록했고, 하지만 일종의 압력이 있었다.
Bernie Cho: These management companies were the ones who were funding, who were finding ways to develop these acts not only for the local market, but more and more for the global markets.
Jay got on a plane and flew across the Pacific Ocean. It would be 6 years before he would return to Seattle.
이런 매니지먼트 회사들은 자금을 제공하고, 로컬 시장뿐 아니라 점점 글로벌 마켓을 위한 그들의 행동(지침)을 만드는 방법을 찾고있었다.
제이는 비행기에 올랐고 태평양바다를 건넜다. 이것이 그가 씨에틀로 돌아오기 6년전의일이다.
Hiep: Even when he said he was going to Korea to become a singer I didn’t believe him. I thought he was just going to Korea for a vacation.
그가 가수가 되기위해 한국으로 간다고했을때만해도 난 그를 안믿었다, 난 그냥 그가 휴가로 한국에 가는거라고 생각했다.
J: I wasn’t used to the strict schedule that they had for everything. Dancing was for me supposed to be fun, but it was very strict like do this do that do that. And there’s certain ways you can speak to people that are older you have speak say certain things to people act a certain way so I didn’t know all that. I wasn’t used to all that. I wasn’t used to the food I didn’t speak the language I didn’t have any friends here. My earlier experiences in Korea weren’t very good for me because I was young I had to get used to it.
난 그들이 모든일에 대해 정해놓은 엄격한 스케줄에 적응되어있지 않았다. 나에게있어 춤은 즐거운것이어야했는데, 이건 그저 매우엄격하게 이거해라 저거해라는 식이었다. 그리고 나보다 나이가 많은 다른 사람에게 말할때의 어떠한 방법이있었고, 행동하는 일정한 방식이있고그랬는데 난 그런것들을 몰랐다. 그런것들에 대해 전혀 적응이 안됐었다. 음식들에도 적응이 안되고, 언어를 말할줄도 모르고 난 여기에 친구도 없었다. 한국에서의 처음 경험들은 나에게있어서는 썩 좋지않았다, 나는 어렸고 모든것에 적응해야만했다.
Jay’s longing for home was so intense he wanted to fly back home to the U.S., but his dad intervened.
제이는 집을 열망했고 미국집으로 다시 돌아오고싶어했지만, 그의 아버지가 개입했다.
Father: It was a nightmare to him and I just kept an eye on him and stayed with him and that’s all I could do.
그에게 악몽같은 나날이었고 나는 그를 지켜봐주고 함께 있어주는것말고는 할수있는것이 없었다.
His employer JYP, one of the biggest entertainment companies in Korea came up with a grand plan creating 2PM, the biggest boy band in the country. They were quick to spot his talent and leadership skills.
그의 고용주 000, 한국의 가장큰 매니지먼트사들중 하나, 는 200, 한국에서 제일 큰 보이맨드, 를 만드는 큰 계획을 했다. 그들은 그의 재능과 리더십을 일찍 선점했다.
J: I felt like I was in no position to lead anyone because I felt I wasn’t skilled enough, I couldn’t sing very well, I couldn’t speak Korean, the only thing I had was dancing.
나는 내가 누군가를 리드할 어떤 포지션에있다고도 느끼지 않았다 왜냐면 내가 느끼기에 나는 스킬이 부족하고 노래도 잘 못하고 한국말도 잘 못했기때문이다. 한가지 잘하는건 춤이었다.
The early days were far from glamorous. Jay and the band had not yet performed in the public and this intense show business training will last an incredible 4 years.
처음에는 화려한것들과는 거리가 멀었다. 제이와 밴드들은 대중앞에서 공연하지 못했었고 강력한 쇼 비지니스 트레이닝으로 믿을수없는 4년을 보냈다.
J: Once you get out there, you’re out there for the public to see. They’re not going to go easy on you so you got to make it hard for them to say negative things about you. You want to be ready and basically a company prepares you for that. You know when you’re young you can do that, but it gets kind of boring. Every day is the same.
일단 한번 거기서 빠져나오면, 대중의 시선으로부터 나오게된다. 그들은 너를 쉽게 봐주지 않으며 너는 그들이 너에대해 부정적으로 말하는게 어렵도록 해야한다. 준비되어있어야하며 기본적으로 회사에서 그에대해 너를 준비시킨다. 너가 어릴떈 그렇게 할수있지만, 하지만 이게 곧 지겨워진다. 매일매일이 똑같다.
Eventually the band was ready. The 4 year formula delivered instant success. Jay as leader drew the spot light.
마침내 밴드가 준비되었다. 4년동안의 포뮬라가 즉각적인 성공을 가져다주었다. 리더로서의 제이는 스포트라이트를 받았다.
J: I didn’t really take a step back to look at everything like “Oh man, we’re really big.” It wasn’t like that. It was just like work, work, work, work.
난 모든것을 돌아보며 “와 우리 진짜 잘나갔었네”하지 않았다. 이건 그렇지가 않았다. 이건 그저 일,일, 일, 일이었다.
As the band were riding high in 2010, 5 years earlier an innocuous e-mail conversation with a friend from the U.S. written during his trainee days was to bring his career to a screeching halt. The e-mail in which Jay wrote being home sick also detailing the culture shock that was leaving him unsettled and uncertain of his future in Korea was somehow mysteriously leaked to the media. The consequences were devastating. JYP made a snap decision and told Jay to pack his bags.
2010년에 높게 비상했던 밴드로서, 5년전의 트레이니였을 동안의 미국 친구와의 순수한 이메일 대화가 그의 커리어에 정지를 걸었다. 그의 이메일은 제이가 향수병과 컬쳐쇼크에대해, 안정되지 못하고 불확실한 한국에서의미래에대해 적은것이었는데 미스테리하게도 언혼에 흘러들어갔다. 그 결과는 참혹했다. 000는 재빠른 결정을내려 제이를 짐을 싸도록 한다.
Newsman: The lead singer of an outrageously popular boy band in Korea has fled that country and landed here in western Washington.
(당시 시애틀 현지뉴스) 한국에서 최정상의 인기를 누리는 보이밴드의 리더가 서부 워싱턴 이곳으로 돌아왔다.
Newsman2: One of the most popular pop stars in South Korea is hold up in of all places at his parent’s modest home in Edmonds. His father tells us his son is confused right now and doesn’t want to talk.
한국에서 가장인기있는 사타중 한명이 이곳 애드몬드 그의 부모님의 집에 채류중이다. 그의 아버지는 그의 아들이 지금은 혼란스러워하고있고 말하고싶어하지 않는다고 말했다.

J: Got a call from JYP they said because of this this and this we got to terminate your contract. And I said ok do what you got to do. They terminated my contract, I was free.
000로부터 전화를 받았다. 이 일저일 해서 우리는 너와의 계약을 종료하고싶다고 했다. 그리고 난 알았다고, 너가 해야하는대로 하라고했다. 그들이 내 계약을 해지했고, 난 자유가됐다.

Overnight, he was erased from history of Korean pop.
하루아침에, 그는 케이팝 역사에서 지워졌다.

J: It could happen like that and there’s been lots of cases in Korea stuff like that happens. You could be the biggest star ever and something goes wrong you’re out, blacklisted.
그런식으로 벌어질수 있는 일이다, 한국엔 이런식으로 일어나는 일들이 많이있다. 너가 전에없는 대형스타가 될수도 있고, 뭔가 잘못되서 너가 퇴출되면, 블랙리스트가된다.
Ben Baller: He was too big for that band as it is. People can hate me for saying that, but that’s just my personal opinion.
그는 그 밴드에 있기에는 그 자체로 너무 과분하다. 내가 이런말 하면 사람들이 싫어하겠지만, 그래도 이게 내 개인적인 의견이다.
(제이팍 스페셜에 자꾸 지져스피스얘기만 해서 거슬리다가 이 한마디에 누그러짐ㅋㅋ)
Bernie Cho: They don’t really have a guidebook on how do you resuscitate, how do you bring back a Kpop star from a situation like that.
그들은 어떻게 다시 소생시킬지에대한 가이드나 어떻게 케이팝스타를 그러한 상황에서 다시 대리고 올수있는지에대한 가이드는 없었다.
To this day it is still unknown just who was behind the damaging leak and whether it was intended to bring down this rising Korean star.
지금까지도 그 이메일이 흘러들어간 출처나 그것이 이 떠오르던 한국스타를 가라앉히기 위한 의도적인 것이었는지에 대해서는 알려지지 않았다.

Coming up!

J: So you know after that happened, I didn’t know if I was ever going to go back.
알다싶이 그일이 일어난 후, 난 다시 돌아갈수있을지를 알지 못했다.

After 4 grueling years of training and becoming the leader of Korea’s biggest boy band, e-mail scandal turned the nation against him and all his success stardom vanished. He parted ways with former employers JYP who sent him back to the USA the mysterious circumstances of the sudden departure from his band have become the stuff of legend. And people are still speculating as to how and why it happened.
4년동안의 트레이닝 이후 한국의 대형 보이밴드의 리더가 되고, 이메일 스탠들로 나라에서 등을 돌리고 그의 모든 성공은 사라졌다. 그는 그를 미국으로 돌려보냈던이전 소속사인 000로부터 떨어져나왔고, 이 미스테리한 상황-갑작스런 그의 밴드로부터의 퇴출은 전설적인것이 되었다. 그리고 사람들은 여전히 어떻게 그리고 왜 이일이 일어났는지에 대해 추측한다.

Girl1: From what I know he left on his own accord.
내가 아는바로는, 그가 그의 의지로 떠났다는게 이상해.
Girl2: That’s what I heard.
내가 들은 바로는 그래.
Girl1: Just to not bring problems to the group. That’s what we heard.
그룹에 피해를 주지 않기위해서. 그게 우리가 들어것이다.
Girl3: Wasn’t it that he was forgiven or whatever and he left a little while later.
그가 용서를 받은것 아니었나, 그리고 그가 아주 잠시뒤에 떠났었다.
Girl4: He left on his own. Get rid of the drama.
그는 그의 의지로 떠났다. 드라마같은 얘긴 없애라.
Girl2: He thought he couldn’t come back.
그는 그가 돌아오지 못할거라고 생각했다
J: They were my boys at one time. Just because I left JYP I hate 2PM. No, I don’t hate 2PM. As far as reunion goes I’ll do a reunion. I’m down to do a reunion.
그들은 한때 내 친구들이었다. 내가 000를 떠났다고 해서 내가 200를 싫어하나, 아니다, 난 200를 싫어하지 않는다. 재회에 있어서…나는 재회를 할것이다. 재회하는것에있어서 찬성이다.

Although Jay was the leader of a band that has racked up gold records and millions of fans, after being sacked by the band’s backers, Jay was left with nothing to show for his years of hard work and dedication.
골든 레코드에 랭크되고 수만명의 팬들을 가진 밴드의 리더였다고 해도, 그 밴드의 후원자들로부터 파면된후, 제이는 수년동안의 열심히 일함과 헌신으로도 보여줄것이 아무것도 남지 않았다.

J: I didn’t want to spend my parent’s money. I’ve been in Korea for 3~4 years and really didn’t have anything to show except for bunch of hate comments online.
부모님의 돈을 쓰고싶지 않았다. 한국에 3~4년있었고, 인터넷의 악플들을 제외하고는 아무것도 보여줄것이 없었다.
The wheels of fortune had stop spinning for Jay who was forced to take up a minimum wage job changing tires in the backstreet garage in Seattle just to make ends meet.
제이를 위해 돌던 행운의 바퀴는 멈췄고, 제이는 최저수당을 받으며 시에틀의 거리의 차고에서 타이어를 갈아끼우는 일을했다.
ChaCha: I really think that made him stronger. He’s got this optimistic character so I think he really learned a lot from that I guess.
난 그일이 그를 강하게 만들었다고 생각한다. 그는 긍정적인 성격을 가졌고 그래서 나는 그가 많은것을 배웠다고 생각한다.
One night after 12 hour shift at the garage, Jay dared to dream again. He picked up a laptop given to him as a gift by some of his fans in Korea Jay had an idea.
어느날 밤, 차고에서 12시간 일하고 돌아온 제이는 다시 꿈을꾸기 시작한다. 그는 한국에있는 그의 팬으로부터의 랩탑 선물을 받고, 아이디어를 떠올렸다.

J: I heard this song “Nothin’ on You” on the radio. I love this song. I should do a cover and put it up on my YouTube. And it went super viral. It got 2 million views in one day.
“Nothin’ on You”를 라디오에서 들었다. ‘노래 너무 좋다. 커버해서 내 유튜브에 올려야겠다.’
그리고 이게 슈퍼 바이러스처럼 하루에 2밀리언뷰를 얻었다.
Bernie Cho: That video got Jay back on the map back on the radar and there was opportunities for him to come back.
그 비디오가 제이를 레이다와 지도위로 다시 대려다놓았다. 그곳에 그가 컴백할수있는 기회들이 있었다.
That laptop was his lifeline and proved to be a launch pad to a new solo career. This was the spark which to everyone’s surprise reignited interest in Jay’s talent.
그 노트북은 그의 생명줄이었고 새로운 솔로 커리어로의 발받침이되었다.이것은 모두가 제이의 재능에대한 흥미를 발견하게하는 도화선이었다.
J: For the first time ever, no one is telling me do this do that do this do this, I’m completely on my own. I was kind of reluctant to get straight up get back into it.
정말 처음으로, 아무도 나에게 이거해라 저거해라 말하지 않는다. 나는 완전하게 내 자신이다. 나는 직접적으로 일하고 다시 돌아오는것에대해 꺼리는 편이었다.
Soon, the Seattle exile was over. It was time to return and take on the Korean pop establishment this time on his own terms. When he arrived at Incheon airport, Jay found out he could not slip back into Korea undetected.
곧 시애틀 망명이 끝이났다. 이젠 돌아가 케이팝을 맡을시간이었다 이번에는 그 자신의 방법으로.
그가 인천 공항에 도착할때 제이는 그가 발견되지 않은채 한국으로 스미듯이 돌아올수는 없었다는걸 알았다.
J: It was overwhelming. I didn’t really know how to take it because I felt like I hadn’t put in that much work to get that much love. I felt like I was very undeserving. I wasn’t really prepared for anything because I didn’t know what to expect because I had no idea what anything was like. I didn’t even know how people made songs I didn’t even know that when people sing I didn’t even know those were notes. I had no idea.
이건 압도적이었다, 난 정말 어떻게 받아들여야할지 몰랐다 왜냐하면 난 내가 이렇게 많은 사랑을 받을만큼 열심히 일했지 않았다고 느꼈기 때문이다. 나는 그런 사랑을 받을만 하지 않다고 느겼다.
나는 아무런 준비도 되어있지 않았다 왜냐하면 나는 무엇을 기대해야할지도 몰랐다.나는 이런것들에대한 어떠한 아이디어도 없었기 때문에. 나는 심지어 사람들이 어떻게 노래를 만드는지도 몰랐고 사람들이 노래를 부를때 난 그게 악보인지조차 몰랐다. 난 아무런 아이디어가 없었다.
The realization that he was a solo act without any original songs or professional support network was his new challenge and he would need to grow up all over again.
그가 원곡이나 경제적 지원없이 솔로로 활동한다는걸 인지하는게 그의 새로운 도전이되었고, 그는 다시한번 더 자라야했다.

J: I didn’t have any of my own songs. I was doing shows for 15,000 people with like 3~4 cover songs. My singing back then wasn’t very good my rapping wasn’t very good. I didn’t really have choreographers with me at that time so my performances and everything was very, very amateur. So I was like I got to releasing albums, my own songs. A lot of the stuff it doesn’t work over here. They’re not used to the melodies, they’re not used to the beats, they’re not used to my lyrics, they just follow what works. It worked for them, it’ll work for us. If you’re an artist, you can’t have someone else draw a drawing for you and call you’re self an artist. That doesn’t make sense.
내 노래가 하나도 없었다. 15000명 사람들대리고 공연하면서 3~4곡의 커버송으로 공연했다. 그시절의 내 노래는 별로였고 랩도 좋지 않았다. 나는 안무가도 없었고 그래서 내 퍼포먼스나 모든게 매우, 매우 아마추어같았다. 그래서 나는 내 앨범, 내 노래를 내야겠다고 생각했다. 많은 일들이 여기서는 이루어지지 않는다. 그들은 그 멜로디에 익숙하지도 않고 비트에도 익숙하지도 않고,, 그들은 내 가사에도 익숙하지 않다. 그들은 되는걸 따를 뿐이다. 이게 그들에게 된다면, 우리에게도 될것이다.
당신이 만약 아티스트라면, 당신은 너를 위해 그린을 그려주는 누군가를 가지면서 너 자신을 아티스트라고 부를수 없다. 그건 말이 안된다.

Bernie Cho: Jay Park is a very unique case because he came into the system, but broke out of the system. And even though he tried to sort of play within the rules, not only did he break some rules, but I think he’s in some ways and many ways he’s changed the game.
제이팍은 매우 유니크하다. 그는 시스탬속에서 나왔지만 그 시스탬을 파괴했다.
그리고 그는 규칙들과 지내려 노력하는듯 하지만, 그럼에도 어떤 룰들을 부술뿐 아니라 내가 생각하기에 그는 많은 방법들로 게임을 바꿔간다.
Jay puts a great deal of emphasis on his relationship with his followers making himself easily accessible to his loyal fanbase. This is something that is unique for Korean based music star.
제이는 그의 팔로워들과 그의 관계를 매우 강조하며 그 자신을 그의 로얄팬들과 쉽게 접촉할수있도록 한다. 이것은 한국의 음악스타로서는 유니크한 부분이다.
J: I have generally older fanbase in Korea, but in other countries they’re more KPop fans. They tend to be a lot younger 20’s, 17, 16, 18.
나는 대체로 한국에서는 나이가 많은 팬들을 가지고있지만, 다른 나라에서는 그들은 케이팝 팬들이고 20대 초반,17,16,18처럼 훨씬 어리다.
Jay may have the most dedicated fans in Korean, but they’re also the shyest.
제이는 가장 헌신적인 팬층을 한국에 가지고있지만, 그들은 가장 수줍음이 많다.
Bernie Cho: I think through his whole experience, his connections with his true fans, his real fans, his hardcore fans conditioned him to be himself, conditioned him to be real, and conditioned him to be honest. And that’s something that’s often rare in this Korean music industry where things can be so packaged, so polished, so manufactured it was almost rebellious that he was trying to be real.
그의 전체적인 경험을 통틀어서, 그의 진정한, 하드코어 팬들과의 소통은 그가 그자신일수 있도록 해줬다. 그가 진짜리수있도록, 그가 솔직할수 있도록 말이다. 그리고 그것이 포장되고 퇴색되고 정형화되거 만들어지는 한국의 음반산업에서는 굉장히 드문 일이다. 그가 진짜가 되려고(솔직하려고)한다는것은 거의 반항에 가까운 일이다.

Jay continued to work hard and stayed true to his vision making all the big decisions on his own: how to dress, what to sing, what and when to release. So it was a no brainer for him to start his very own record label calling it AOMG after his Art of Movemen bboy troop.
제이는 계속해서 열심히 일하고 그의 비젼에 진실되며 모든 큰 결정들을 스스로 내린다; 어떻게 입을지, 무엇을 부를지, 무엇을 그리고 언제 낼지를. 그래서 그가 그의 음반레이블 AOMG- 그의 Art of Movemen bboy 그룹을 전신으로한-을 시작하는건 쉬운 결정이었다.

J: I don’t join with people that are already big and just kind of feed off them. People close to me, I want to make them big and shine my light on them and grow together.
난 이미 크게 되어있는 사람들에게 조인하지 않고 그냥 그들로 인해 강해지는 편이다. 나에게 가까운 사람들, 나는 그들을 크고 크게 만들어주고 싶고 내 빛을 그들에게 돌려 함께 커가고 싶다.
Ben Baller: He understands hip hop culture. These guys break dance, they do certain things, they all bring it together. They’re not just in there to get famous to make money. It’s more than that. Right now he’s focused on his AOMG label all his artists and everybody else basically getting themselves out there and generating income.
그는 힙합문화를 이해하고있다. 이 들은 브레이크 댄스를 추고, 모든 일들을 함께한다. 그들은 단지 유명해지고 돈벌기위해 거기 있는것이 아니다. 이건 그것 이상이다.지금 그는 그의 레이블 AOM과 그의 아티스트들에 집중하고 있고, 모든이들은 기본적으로 거기서 수익을 창출하는것이다.

Coming Up!

J: By far it was the biggest thing I have ever done.
지금까지로서는, 이게 내가 한 일들중 가장 큰 일이다.
Jay Park has bounced back to be one of the biggest selling solo acts in Asia. It’s been a manic roller coaster ride once the leader and spokesman of the biggest KPop boy band 2PM. His former employers JYP sacked him as the result of an online faux pas, but he miraculously survived the fallout and returned to conquer Korean music and this time, he had the reigns.
Jay Park은 아시아의 가장 잘 팔리는 솔로 아티스트중 한명으로 돌아왔다. 미친듯한 롤러코스터같은 나날이었다- 케이팝 보이밴드 200의리더이며 발표자였던떄도 있었다. 그의 전 사장 000는 온라인상의 실수로 그를 짐을꾸리게했지만 그는 기적처럼 살아남아 돌아와 한국음반시장을 정복하며, 그는 그 세상를 잡았다. (그 시대를 잡았다. 그의 세상이다. 정도의 의미)
The adoration and success that Jay enjoys has brought many opportunities. His second skyrocketed success has launched him into the center of television popularity into the recently launched Korean version of the immensely popular American TV series Saturday Night Live.
흠모와 성공은 제이에게 많은 기회를 가져다 주었다. 그의 두번째 엄청난 성공은 그를 텔레비젼인기의 가운대로 대려다주었다-최근에 시작한 한국버젼의 엄청난 인기의 미국 티비시리즈- Saturday Night Live.
J: They wanted me to host. I hosted it. The response was so good they wanted me to come back and become a cast member and I was like let’s do it!
그들이 호스트로 날 원했다. 호스트를했고, 반응이 정말좋아서 그들이 내가 돌아와 캐스트멤버가 되길 원했다. 난 해보자 했다.

Clara: He’s good at everything. He’s good at acting, dancing, singing.
그는 다잘해요. 연기도 잘하고 춤도 잘추고 노래도 잘하고…
J: There’s no other show like it. They touch on very touchy subjects, the humor is very sexually explicit, and people aren’t used to that here. But they’re getting warmed up to it.
이런 쇼가 없었다. 굉장히 민감한 주제에 대해서 다루고, 매우 성적으로 유쾌한 유머도 다루고, 여기 사람들은 그런것에 익숙하지 않다. 하지만 서서히 준비되가고있는거같다.(익숙해져간다.몸이 풀려간다)

Probably one of the most pivotal moments and milestones in Jay’s career was his MTV World Stage performance in Malaysia where he headlined above none other than Justin Beiber.
아마도 가장 중심축이 되는 순간들중 하나이며 제이의 커리어들중 중요한 지점이 될 순간은 그의 말레이시아 MTV World Stage 공연일것이다-그는 저스틴 비버보다도 헤드라인에 거론됐다.
J: The Malaysian front page of the newspaper said Beiber upstaged by Korean superstar Jay Park. That’s what the headline came out to be.
말레이시아의 신문 첫페이지에 “저스틴비버가 한국 슈퍼스타 제이팍에게 밀렸다”라고 실렸다. 그게 해드라인에 나온대로이다.
So upstaging pop’s biggest heartthrob must come with a fair amount of attention.
가장 큰 팝 아이돌을 밀어냈으니 정당한 만큼의 관심은 따라오게 되어있다.
ChaCha: He’s got a lot of female fans. I think that’s the bulk of his fanbase. That’s crazy. I’ve never experienced anything like this until we came to Korea.
그는 정말 여성팬이 많다. 나는 여성팬들이 그의 팬층의 상당부분이라고 생각한다. 굉장하다, 난 이런걸 우리가 한국에 오기전에는 경험해본일이 없다.
Hiep: He’s so good at keeping girls away from distracting him from what he wants in his music
그는 여자들이 그가 원하는 음악을 하는것에 방해되는걸 멀리하는데 능숙하다.

J: It’s not like I’ve completely ruled out girls out of my life, oh just like she’s my girlfriend, I love her, all I’m going to think about, and I’m going to text her every 5 minutes, I can’t be doing that right now. That’s how I was back when I was 21, but right now I just got too many things going on too many people depending on me for me to kind of get sidetracked because of a love interest or whatever.
내 인생에서 완벽하게 여자들을 걷어낸다거나 한다는게 아니다. ‘오 그녀가 내 여자친구고, 난 그녀를 사랑하고, 늘 그녀에 대해서만 생각하고, 5분마다 그녀에게 문자하고..’난 지금 그럴수가 없다. 내가 예전 21살떄 그랬었다, 하지만 지금은 너무나 해야할일이 많고, 사랑에 대한 관심이나 뭐든지간에 그걸이유로 다른길로 새기에는 너무 많은 사람들이 내게 의지하고있다.

Try telling that to the hundreds of girls who have turned up to Seoul’s trendy HongDae District with dreams of becoming Mrs. Jay Park.
서울의 트랜디한 홍대에모인Mrs. Jay Park이 되고픈 꿈이있는 수백명의 소녀들에게 이야기를 시도했다.
For Jay Park all roads lead to this party, the launch of his AOMG record label.
제이팍의 모든 노력이 이 파티, 그의AOMG record label 창단식으로 이르게했다.
J: It’s very exciting just to see where it all leads. Very excited to see where it all goes. Follow me inside. AOMG let’s go.
이 모든게 어디로 이끌지 지켜보는게 매우 흥분된다. 어디로 가고있는지 보는게 무척 흥분된다.
안으로 날 따라와라. AOMG let’s go.
It’s a huge sense of achievement for Jay especially considering his all might fall from grace he’s now risen to the top of his game and is conquering Asian music once more.
제이에게 있어선 큰 성과/업적이다-그의 모든 영광에서의 추락과, 현재 그가 다시 그 게임의 정상으로 올라선것, 그리고 아시아 음반시장을 다시한번 정복하는것을 고려해볼때.
Ben Baller: I see Jay doing fast food chains. I see Jay having bicycles. I see Jay doing movies. I just see him in so many different areas.
내겐 제이가 패스트푸드 체인을 하는것처럼 보인다. 제이가 자전거를 갖는게 보이고 제이가 영화를 하는게 보인다. 난 그가 정말 많은 다른 곳에있는걸 볼수있다.
Bernie Cho: The fact that he’s gone through so many experiences in such a short amount of time that most people don’t go through in entire career, but yet has not stayed down but gotten back up. As he’s getting older, as he’s getting wiser, I think he’s only getting better.
그 사실- 그가 그 짧은 시간안에, 대부분의 사람들은 그들의 커리어를 통틀어서도 경험하지 못할일들을, 정말 많은 경험을 거쳐왔다는점, 하지만 그럼에도 안주하거나 퇴보하지 않았다.
그가 나이가 들어갈수록 현명해지고있다, 그는 나아지기만 하는것 같다.
(He’s only getting better. 나빠지는건 없고 발전하기만 한다는 의미. 찬사.)
(이사람 정말 재범이에 대해 잘 알고..칭찬도 맘에 쏙들게 한다. 대박.)
J: My life has been a rollercoaster, for sure. I want to change history, that’s my goal. I want to go completely different way and make my own path and change history and be a legend.
내 인생은 롤러코스터였다, 정말 그렇다. 나는 역사를 바꾸고 싶다, 그게 나의 목표다.

나는 전혀 다른 길로 가고싶고 그래서 나만의 길을 만들고 역사를 바꾸고 전설이 되고싶다.
(명언 포텐 터지네ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 우리 박사장만 믿고가면 되겠어ㅠㅠㅠ이런남자는 믿고 인생을 걸만해ㅠㅠ)