Jay Park on Teens Magazine

First Teenage Mag, now Teens :D I didn’t even though he was in this but once I bought it I flipped the pages and saw this page (:

Title: Jay Parked at Success

I can’t write out the whole page. Unless you want me too (: So I’ll just post quotes of what he said.

[Not abandoned by fans]

On winning multiple trophies on music shows with ‘Abandoned’ :

It was very overwhelming. I couldn’t believe it was because I wrote the song together with [rapper Dok2] in my crew,”

“It wasn’t like we had some big name promoting us but rather, we did it by ourselves,”

“It was all because of the fans. The fans support me a lot and I guess they like the music that I put out, so I’m very thankful.”

“I just want to break through and get my name out there because I feel like I can do music that people could relate to over there,”

“I speak English better than I speak Korean. And I love American pop, hip-hop, R&B music, so it’s a very big passion of mine.” 

[jay the youtube star]

Youtube is what made me realised that I had fans in places that I didn’t even know,” he said. “There were Singaporean fans leaving messages like ‘Love from Singapore; we show you support.’ Before that, I didn’t even know I had fans in Singapore!”

On his youtube channel getting terminated:

I was very upset because the account and videos were very important to the fans and myself,” he said. “And to have that happen just days before my album ‘Abandoned’ came out was a big setback.”

“I’ll start making covers once again when I get more free time.”

[walking to the future]

On joining Immortal Song 2:

He admitted that he felt the pressure competing with his peers such as Huh Gak and Super Junior’s Kyuhyun who are part of the new line-up. 

I’m not the best singer, so it puts a lot of pressure on me because [the other competitors] are all so good at singing,” he said.

“All of them are so talented, especially Hyorin,” he added. “I’ve seen her performed live a lot of times before and she’s really good at singing.”

“If there’s a chance for me to insert my dance performances in between, I’m down to do it because that’s my strong point,” he said.

The singer, who has travelled to many countries for fan meets and on international tours with B-Boy crew Art of Movement, said that he looks forward to travelling overseas more often.

He said: “I like experiencing the different cultures, languages and food. I really want to go back to all the countries I’ve been to and I want to go even more countries.”

Thanks to Teens Magazine for the interview (:

[Not abandoned by fans]

On winning multiple trophies on music shows with ‘Abandoned’ :
어밴든드로 음악프로그램에서 1등 먹었던데:

“It was very overwhelming. I couldn’t believe it was because I wrote the song together with [rapper Dok2] in my crew,”
"우앙 진짜 대단했어요. 친구들이랑[도끼도] 만든 노래라 1등할 줄 몰랐거든요. " 
“It wasn’t like we had some big name promoting us but rather, we did it by ourselves,”
"그니까 막 유명한 사람들이랑 같이 만든 게 아니라 그냥 우리끼리 만든 노래라."
“It was all because of the fans. The fans support me a lot and I guess they like the music that I put out, so I’m very thankful.”
"다 팬들 덕분이져. 팬들이 막 지지해주고 또 내 음악을 좋아해주는 것 같아서 열나 고마워요."

재범이가 한 말만 옮겨 놓아서 질문이 없는데 아마도 미국진출...뭐, 이런 질문이었던 듯...

“I just want to break through and get my name out there because I feel like I can do music that people could relate to over there,”
"뚫어보고 싶고, 내 이름을 알리고 싶어요. 왜냐하면 나는 사람들이 그쪽 음악이라고 하는 그것을 할 수 있을 것 같거든요."
“I speak English be*tter than I speak Korean. And I love American pop, hip-hop, R&B music, so it’s a very big passion of mine.” 
"사실 제가 한국어보다 영어를 좀 더 잘 하자나요. 그리고 미국의 팝, 힙합, 알앤비를 사랑하고요. 
그러니 한 번 도전해보고 싶은 열망이 있어요."

[jay the youtube star]

“Youtube is what made me realised that I had fans in places that I didn’t even know,” he said.
 “There were Singaporean fans leaving messages like ‘Love from Singapore; we show you support.’
 Before that, I didn’t even know I had fans in Singapore!”
"유툽을 통해 내가 잘 모르는 나라에도 팬들이 있다는 것을 알게 되었어요. 
예를 들면 싱가폴 팬들이 "싱가폴에서도 사랑을 보내요. 당신을 지지해요."라는 글을 남겼는데,
사실 그 글을 보기 전까지는 싱가폴에 팬이 있는지도 몰랐어요!"

On his youtube channel getting terminated:
유툽 채널이 막혔는데:

“I was very upset because the account and videos were very important to the fans and myself,” he said. 
“And to have that happen just days before my album ‘Abandoned’ came out was a big setback.”
"아오, 뚜껑 열리는 줄 알았어요. 그 계정과 거기에 있는 비디오들은 팬들과 저한테 정말 소중한 것들이거든요.
게다가 '어밴든드'가 나오기 바로 몇일 전에 벌어진 일이라 큰 차질을 빚을 뻔 했죠."
"ll start making covers once again when I get more free time.”
"좀 널럴해지면 다시 커버곡들을 올릴 거예요."

[walking to the future]

On joining Immortal Song 2:
불명2에 나간다던데:

He admitted that he felt the pressure competing with his peers such as Huh Gak and Super Junior’s Kyuhyun who are part of the new line-up. 
그는 허각, 규현과 함께 새로운 멤버로 출연하게 되는데, 그들과 경쟁을 펼치는 것에 많은 부담을 느끼는 것이 사실이라고 쿨하게 인정했다.

“I’m not the best singer, so it puts a lot of pressure on me because [the other competitors] are all so good at singing,” he said.
"싱어로서 최고인 것은 아니기 때문에, 노래를 엄청 잘 하는 그들과 경쟁을 해야하는 것이 부담스러운 것은 사실이에요."
“All of them are so talented, especially Hyorin,” he added. “I’ve seen her performed live a lot of times before and she’s really good at singing.”
"모두들 훌륭하지만, 그중에서도 특히 효린은, 직접 그녀의 무대를 본 적이 있는데, 아, 진짜 노래 잘해요." 
“If there’s a chance for me to insert my dance performances in between, I’m down to do it because that’s my strong point,” he said.
"중간중간 댄스 퍼포먼스를 보여줄 기회가 있다면 그렇게 하려고요. 제가 강한 부분이니까요."

The singer, who has travelled to many countries for fan meets and on international tours with B-Boy crew Art of Movement, 
said that he looks forward to travelling overseas more often.
비보이 크루 AOM과 많은 나라에서 공연을 펼친 그는 좀 더 많은 해외공연을 기대하고 있다고 한다. 

He said: “I like experiencing the different cultures, languages and food. I really want to go back to all the countries 
I’ve been to and I want to go even more countries.”
"다른 나라의 문화와 언어, 음식을 경험해보는 것이 좋아요. 
이미 갔던 나라에도 꼭 다시 가고 싶고, 아직 가보지 않은 나라들에도 꼭 가보고 싶어요."