본문: http://k-magazin.com/en/?p=03_inti_01

Take A Deeper Look
Interview with Jay Park
박재범과 함께한 인터뷰

Jay Park grew up in Seattle and came to Korea to be an musician. 
박재범은 시애틀에서 자라 뮤지션이 되기 위해서 한국에 왔습니다

1m.jpg
2008 he made his debut with the group 2PM and was their leader until late 2009. 
2008년엔 그가 2PM이라는 그룹으로 데뷔를 했으며 2009년 말까지 그룹의 리더였습니다.

Something personal he said in the past grew to be a scandal and he had to leave the group and Korea.
그가 어릴적 가수가 되기 위해서 한국에 왔을 때 했던 사소한 말로 인해 그는 그룹과 한국을 떠나야 했습니다.

He stayed in contact with his fans via Youtube, covered songs and planned his comeback. In June 2010 he came back to Korea, started to work on the movie “Hype Nation”, that will be released soon, and started his solo career with his album “Take A Deeper Look”. 
그는 그의 팬들에게 유투브로 자신의 모습을 꾸준히 보였으며, 많은 곡들을 커버하고 컴백을 기다려왔습니다. 2010년 6월, 그는 한국으로 돌아왔고 곧 개봉할 영화 "하이프네이션"을 촬영하게 되었고 솔로가수로서의 새로운 인생을 그의 첫 앨범, "Take A Deeper Look"으로 시작하게 되었습니다.

For K-Colors of Korea he answered questions of his German fans and spoke with us about his comeback and his future plans.
그는 K-Colors of Korea를 위하여 독일팬들의 질문을 대답해주고 그의 컴백과 미래 계획들에 대하여 이야기를 해주었습니다.

K: How does it feel to be finally back? Do you still get nervous before a performance?
K: 드디어 컴백을 한 기분이 어때요? 무대에서의 퍼포먼스를 할때 아직도 많이 떨리시나요?

Jay: It’s my first time being back after such a long time, so it feels great. 
재범: 긴 시간이후로 처음으로 컴백하는거라 기분이 정말 좋아요.
It’s an album that I personally wrote and composed and worked with my friends on, so the meaning is doubled for me. 
이 앨범(TADL)은 제가 직접 작사 작곡을 하고 친구들과 함께 작업을 한 앨범이라 저에게는 의미가 굉장히 커요. 
I’m glad to be able to stand before everyone with the music that I love. 
저는 제 음악을 좋아하시는 분들을 위하여 돌아올 수 있었다는게 정말 기뻐요.

Of course I still get nervous before a performance, but the more I perform, the less nervous I become.
그리고 당연히 아직도 무대에서의 퍼모먼스는 항상 떨려요. 하지만 퍼포먼스를 더 많이 할수록 덜 떨리기는 해요.

K: How does it feel like to perform solo compared to performing with a group?
K: 퍼포먼스를 그룹으로 할때랑 솔로로 할때랑은 어떻게 다른가요?

Jay: It is very different performing by yourself because all attention is on you as opposed to the whole group.
재범: 혼자 퍼포먼스를 하는건 굉장히 달라요. 왜냐하면 모든 관심은 그룹이 아니라 자기 자신에게만 모여있기 때문이에요.

But with this album, I usually have my crew and my backup dancers on stage with me so that helps make it seem like less of a change and makes it more fun than performing solo.
하지만 이 앨범은 제 크루와 댄서들이 같이 무대에 올라주기 때문에 많이 도움이 되고 그렇게까지 큰 변화는 있지 않아요. 그리고 같이 하니까 혼자하는것보단 더욱 재미있고요.

K: When you’re looking back to the point where you dreamed of being a musician, are things now the way you’ve imagined them?
K: 어릴때 뮤지션이 되기 위해서 꿈꿔왔을 때를 되돌아보면, 그때 생각한것과 현실이 비슷한가요?

Jay: Nothing turns out the way you plan, just got to stay positive keep focused and have fun with it.
재범: 언제나 계획한것과 현실은 다르기 마련이에요. 그래도 계속 긍정적인 마인드로 집중하고 즐기면 돼요.

K: What especially do you like about the music you’re making?
K: 어떤 부분이 재범씨가 만든 음악중에서 가장 마음에 드시나요?

Jay: I love to listen to hip hop and R&B and that’s the type of music I’m making right now. Love that I have creative control of the music I make.
재범: 저는 힙합과 R&B를 듣는걸 굉장히 좋아하는데 지금 만드는 음악들이 그런 장르에요. 저는 제가 직접 음악을 만들고 만들고 싶은대로 만들 수 있다는게 가장 좋은것 같아요.

K: Are there any plans to release your album in English for the US or European market?
K: 앨범을 미국이나 유럽 시장을 고려해서 영어로 낼 계획은 있으신가요?

Jay: Yes, I have a company in the US and have been working with producers on a decent number of songs. 
재범: 네, 있어요. 미국에 회사가 있어서 많은 곡들을 프로듀서들과 함께 작업중이에요. 

After finishing activities on my current album, I hope to travel more and broaden my fan base. 
이번 앨범 활동을 끝내고 나면, 더 많은 곳에서 더 많은 팬들을 만나길 바라고 있어요.

I would love to take a shot at American and European stages and prove that Korean artists can succeed in these markets.
미국과 유럽의 무대에 설수 있다면, 전 당연히 그렇게 할거에요. 그리고 한국 가수들도 그쪽 시장에서 성공할 수 있다는 것을 보여주고 싶어요.

K: How does it feel to know that you’ve fans in Germany who can’t wait to see you live?
K: 독일에도 재범씨의 퍼포먼스를 라이브로 보길 기다리는 팬들이 있다는걸 아니까 기분이 어때요?

Jay: It is always a great feeling knowing how supportive your fans are and how excited they are to see you perform. 
재범: 언제나 팬들이 얼마나 서포트를 열심히 해주는지 그리고 얼마나 저를 기다리는지 안다는건, 정말 너무 기분이 좋아요.

Personally, I believe it is one of the biggest rewards of being an entertainer and I cannot thank them enough for their encouragement.
개인적으론 제가 엔터테이너로써의 가장 큰 상이고 팬분들이 주는 사랑은 너무 커서 제가 다 보답할 수 없을 정도인것 같아요.
(혹은 난 그들의 응원에 아무리 고마워해도 지나치지않는다)

(많은 사랑에 대해 보답해주려고 노력하고 있다는 걸로 알아들으시길..!)

K: Are there any stereotypes about Germans/Europeans you heard of and would like to know if they are true?
K: 독일이나 유럽에 대한 고정관념이 사실인지 아닌지 알고싶은게 있나요?

Jay: No, never been to Europe so I don’t really know much. Hope to go soon though~
재범: 아니요, 유럽을 한번도 가본적이 없어서 잘 몰라요. 그래도 가까운 시일내로 가길 빌어요~