Jay Park the All-rounder Artist?  [발해석] 인터뷰- 다재다능한 아티스트 박재범

Talented artist and cool guy, Jay Park gave us the honor to meet him, answer our questions and leave a message to his French fans.
On a beautiful day in September, my phone rang. On the other line was Jay who made an appointment with me at his company’s studio and after a short taxi ride here I am. There, laying down on a couch a laptop on his knees, Jay greeted me with a bright smile while offering me some pizza. Casual attitude and good mood are the order of the day.
First, can you introduce yourself to our readers who don’t know you?
Hello, my name is Jay Park, I’m a singer, rapper and dancer. I also write my own songs. I love Hip Hop and R&B.
Having grown up in the US wasn’t it hard to leave everything and start over in Korea?
Indeed it was really hard. I had never lived in Korea and I knew absolutely nothing about Korean culture or even Korean music. I hesitated a long time but my mother finally pushed me and told me it would be good for my future. The first few months were the hardest because I had never really lived away from my family. I missed them a lot especially my friends that I was used to see everyday. In addition, I didn’t know anybody in Korea and the failure to master the language didn’t help as well.
We know that dance is a very important part of your life, but how did you walk into the Bboy culture?
I had always loved dancing. I grew up watching Michael Jackson and Usher to name a few. I often watch performance videos and dance videos. I got interested in dancing since I was little. In junior highschool, some students from my school were bboying, so I started with them. Therefore I opened to this environment and its culture, and I fell in love without being able to stop.
You said on twitter that you have made plenty of songs, when will the next album be?
I was just in the studio recording my songs. I’ve also recorded few others about eight months ago. My album will be out around the end of October or early November. [JPN Note: Interview was done in September before Jay postpone the release of his album] 
Can you tell us more about the movie Mr Idol in which we’ll be pleased to see you in? And how was the shooting? Any anecdote?
Mr Idol is my first real film. Although the dance part was easy for me I still had a hard time with the acting part. It was pretty hard because I wasn’t at all used to it. I had to try several times to speak in a correct tone and be comfortable. On top of that, having to wait several hours to shoot a scene and then wait again and so on, it’s pretty unsettling but it was nice. Acting is fun and the rest of the cast were really nice to me and helped me a lot. The director was giving me tips as well.
Do you plan to make other movies in the future?
Of course! I’ve received few offers which we are reviewing right now but I’m very interested.
Among Korean artists, is there anyone you are a fan of? Or anyone you are really close to?
I really like Dynamic Duo, Drunken Tiger JK and a lot of others hip hop artists. I also like 2NE1 for their music and also for their stage presence. There is also the group called Secret whom the members and songs are really cute.
I’m closer to people from underground stage, Bboys, rappers (like Dok2) and Boom. Lately, thanks to the show Immortal Song I got closer to G.O from MBLAQ and Kyuhyun from Super Junior.
If you could work with one or more artists of your choice, who will you choose?
I think I would choose Usher. I love his music and he’s a big star. I discovered him when I was in elementary school and ever since then I’m a fan. I once went to his concert and met him backstage after his performance unfortunately he had to leave quickly to go back to work.
We know that one of your dreams is to be known in the US? Do you intend to start as a singer rather than an actor?
I would love to make a movie in Hollywood although currently it seems like a crazy dream. I grew up listening to American music and have been following American artist. I think thanks to the culture I grew up with I could do well in the American entertainment industry. In my opinion, I’ll have more chances to succeed through music rather than acting.
To have such a perfect body, how many hours per day do you work out? You don’t have a little secret exercise to share so I can have the same (body)?
(Laughs). There is no secret. You have to exercise everyday. Don’t train yourself too late at night too because it’s not good for your body. These days with my arm injury, I cannot push too hard on my arm so I run everyday instead.
It’s hard!!!
(Laughs.) Yes it’s hard but you’ve got to stay motivated. The motivation is the hardest part.
We were able to catch a sight of your tattoos through pictures but exactly how many tattoos do you have? Which one or ones are the most important for you? And why?
I don’t even know. I have so many that I lost count. The most important ones for me, I will say the one on my chest and the ‘Art of Movement’ one. I’ve to say that Art of Movement is a very important part of me. You know I’m a bboy and it’s my crew. I grew up with them. They are like members of my family. For the one on my chest it represents my real family which of course is also very important for me.
Can you tell us more about your crew Art of Movement and about the relationship that bands you together? 
I knew my crew since the beginning of highschool. Basically it’s them who brought me into the Bboying world. Thanks to them I stayed motivated just watching their progress and their passion. When I am lucky enough to go on stage to perform I want to share it with my friends. There is Cha Cha, a producer that I work a lot with and Daniel Jerome who is a very talented Hip Hop choreographer and who’s dance often with me. It’s really a very talented crew.
Can you talk about your next projects? 
Ohh, I have a lot of projects. After the release of my album I’ve an audition for a new movie. I should also make an Asia tour. Then I have some surprises but you have to be patient.
In addition to handsome, you are a singer, a rapper, a dancer and an actor. All of that with talent. To reassure us, the normal guys, is there anything you can’t do? Or any imperfection?
I know how to do a lot of things but I don’t think that there is one thing I’m very good at. I don’t know how to cook. I used to be a good basketball player but as it’s been a while since I played I think I’ve lost everything. I’m not very good with video games. And Math too. It’s just not my thing. It doesn’t serve me much but I think it’s a good skill to have.
When will we get a fanmeet in France?
You know I would really love to go France. I’ve never been in Europe. I would like to try the food and discover the culture of different countries. Moreover I know that there is a big fanbase in Europe. So if one day there is an opportunity it’ll be a pleasure.
Lastly, can you say something to French Jwalkerz?
Bonjour, thank you very much for your support although we’ve never seen each other before. I would really love to meet you one day and go on stage for you, see your face sand try to make you happy.
After having a good time, I left Jay to his work. Please note that in spite of his busy schedules he still found the time to meet me, answer my questions and pleased the French fans. A big thanks to him for this.

SOURCE: Asian Wave ; TRANSLATOR: Mailys@JAYPARK.NET
PLEASE DO NOT ADD/REMOVE CREDITS. YOU MAY ONLY TAKE OUT WITH CREDITS TO JAYPARK.NET.

발해석] 인터뷰- 다재다능한 아티스트 박재범.

재능많은 아티스트이자 멋진남자인 박재범을 만나, 우리가 준비한 질문을 대답해주고, 프랑스 팬들에게 메시지를 남겨주었다. 

9월 어느 아름웠던 날, 전화기가 울렸다. 전화기 반대편에는 나와 약속을 한 박재범이 그의 회사 스튜디오에 있었고, 택시를 타고 조금 가서 그를 만났다.

그곳에서, 그는 그의 노트북을 무릎위에 올리고 쇼파 위에 누워있다가, 나를 보자 환하게 웃으며 피자를 좀 먹으라며 권해주었다. 편안한 태도와 좋은 분위기였다. 

질문] 일단, 박재범씨를 모르는 독자들을 위해 자기소개 좀 해주세요
안녕하세요 제 이름은 제이팍입니다. 저는 가수, 래퍼, 그리고 댄서입니다. 또한 저는 제 곡을 쓰기도 합니다. 저는 힙합과 알앤비를 좋아합니다. 

질문] 미국에서 자라셨기때문에, 모든것을 미국에 두고 떠나서 한국에서 새로 시작하는게 어렵지는 않았나요?
당연히 무척 힘들었어요. 그 전에 한국에서 살아본 적도 없었고, 한국 문화나 심지어 한국 노래에 대해서 완전히 아는게 하나도 없었어요.

오랜시간동안 주저했지만, 엄머니께서 저의 미래를 위해 좋을거라고 말씀하시며 저를 보내셨어요. 
처음 몇 달은 정말 최악이었어요. 왜냐하면 그때까지 가족들하고 떨어져서 살아본 적이 없었거든요.

정말 많이 그리워했는데, 그중에 특히 제가 매일매일 볼 수 있었던 친구들이 참 그리웠어요. 게다가 전 한국에 아는 사람이 한 명도 없었고, 말을 제대로 못하는 것도 한몫했죠.

질문] 재범씨의 인생에 있어서 춤이 굉장히 중요하다고 알고 있는데요, 어떻게 비보이 문화에 입문하셨나요?
춤 추는걸 언제나 좋아하기는 했어요. 몇명 이름을 대자면 마이클잭슨이나 어셔같은 사람들을 보면서 자랐고요. 종종 퍼포먼스하는 영상이나 춤 영상 같은걸 보기도 해요.

어렸을 때부터 춤 추는데에 관심이 있었죠. 중학교 때, 제가 다니던 학교에 몇명이 비보잉을 했는데, 걔네들과 함께 다니기 시작했어요.

그래서 이런 환경이나 문화에 익숙했고, 중간에 멈출수 없이 춤에 빠져들었지요.

질문] 트위터에, 재범씨가 수많은 곡을 만들었다고 쓰셨는데요, 다음 앨범은 언제쯤 나올까요?
방금 전에도 스튜디오에서 노래 녹음하고 있었어요. 8달 전에 녹음한 곡도 있고요. 제 앨범은 10월말이나 11월 초에 나올거에요. 

질문] 미스터 아이돌 영화에 대해서 좀 더 말씀해주세요, 재범씨가 영화에 나온걸 보면 정말 기쁠 것 같아요. 그리고 촬영은 어땠나요? 촬영중 에피소드라도?
미스터아이돌은 저의 실질적인 첫 영화에요. 춤 추는 부분은 쉬웠지만 연기하는 부분에서는 힘들었어요. 제가 전혀 익숙하지 못했기 때문에 좀 힘들었어요.

정확한 억양으로 말하려고 몇번이나 노력했고, 편안해 지려고도 노력했어요.

그중에 제일 힘들었던 건, 한 장면을 촬영하기 위해서 몇시간이나 기다려서, 찍고나면 또 기다리고, 기다리고, 반복하는 거였어요.
좀 불안정하긴 했지만 좋았어요. 연기하는 건 재밌고, 배우 분들이 저한테 되게 잘해주시고 많이 도와주셨어요. 감독님도 어떻게 하면 잘 하는지 알려주셨고요.

질문] 앞으로도 다른 영화를 찍을 계획이 있으신가요?
당연하죠! 지금 검토중인 제안은 거의 없긴 한데, 완전 관심있어요.

질문] 좋아하는 한국 연예인이 있나요? 아니면 정말 가까워지고 싶은 연예인?
전 다듀, 제이케이 형님이랑 다른 힙합 가수들을 정말 좋아해요. 2NE1 노래나 무대도 좋아하고요.

씨크릿이라는 그룹도 있는데 멤버들이랑 노래랑 진짜 귀여워요 (..... 씨크릿...... 그래도 스릉흔드븍즈븜........)

질문] 같이 작업할 사람을 고를 수 있다면 누굴 고르고 싶어요?
전 어셔를 고를거에요. 어셔 노래 진짜 좋아해요 그리고 빅스타잖아요. 초등학교 다닐때 처음 봤는데 그 때 이후로 계속 팬이에요. 
한번은 어셔 콘서트에 가서 무대 끝나고 뒤에 대기실에서 만났는데, 운나쁘게 어셔가 빨리 일하러 다른데 가봐야 했어요.

질문] 미국에 진출하려는 꿈이 있다고 알고 있는데요, 연기자보다는 가수로 진출하려고 하나요?
헐리우드에서 영화를 찍고싶긴 한데요, 말도 안되고요. 미국 음악을 들으면서 자랐고, 미국 아티스트들을 따라왔어요.

미국 문화에서 자라온 덕분에 제 생각에는 미국 연예계에서 잘할 수 있을 것 같아요. 
제 생각에는 연기보다는 음악을 하는게 성공확률이 높을 것 같아요.

질문] 그렇게 완벽한 근육을 갖기 위해서 매일 몇시간 운동하세요? 저희도 완벽한 몸매를 좀 갖두루, 운동하는 비밀 같은거 혹시 없으신가요?
(웃음) 비밀은 없어요. 전 매일매일 운동해요. 너무 밤늦게 운동하는건 별로 안좋으니까 피하세요. 요즘에 팔을 다쳐서 힘을 세게 못 주기 때문에, 대신 매일 달리고 있어요.

질문] 어렵잖아요!!!
(웃음) 네 어려워요 하지만 계속해서 자극을 받아야해요. 자극 받는게 제일 어렵죠.

질문] 사진을 통해서 재범씨 문신을 봤는데요, 정확히 몇 개의 문신을 하셨나요? 어떤게 가장 중요한 의미를 가졌는지, 그 의미가 뭔가요?
저도 몰라요. 너무 많아서 몇 개인지 세다가 까먹었어요. 저한테 제일 중요한 건, 제 가슴에 새겨진거랑, Art of Movement에요. AOM이 저한테 정말 중요한 의미거든요.

아시다시피 저는 비보이이고, aom이 저의 팀이니까요. 저는 그애들하고 같이 자랐어요. 정말 가족같아요.

가슴에 새겨진건 저의 진짜 가족들인데요, 당연히 저한테 정말 중요하죠.

질문] aom에 대해서 좀 더 말씀해 주실 수 있을까요? 재범씨를 하나로 묶어주는 관계라던지.
aom은 고등학교 가자마자 알게 되었는데요, 걔네들이 저를 비보잉의 세계로 인도해줬어요.

걔네가 발전하는거랑 걔네의 열정을 그냥 보기만 해도 저는 계속 자극 받을 수 있어요. 제가 무대 위에서 공연 할 기회가 생기면 친구들하고 같이 하고 싶어요.
차차라는 친구도 있는데요, 저랑 작업을 많이 하는 프로듀서에요. 제로미는 정말 재능있는 힙합 안무가이면서 저랑 춤도 가끔 같이 춰요. 정말 재능이 많은 팀이에요.

질문] 재범씨의 다음 계획이 뭔지 알려주실 수 있나요?
아~~~~ 전 계획이 많아요. 일단 앨범을 낸 다음에 새로운 영화 오디션을 볼거에요(읭? 해석이 맞나요??/ -ㅁ-). 아시아 투어도 해야하고요.

놀랄만한 것들이 좀 많은데 좀 기다리세요

질문] 잘생긴데에다, 가수에 래퍼에 댄서에 연기자까지. 전부 다 잘하시네요. 저같이 평범한 남자들 힘 좀 내라고, 혹시 재범씨가 못하는건 없나요? 아님 좀 컴플렉스라던지?
많은걸 할줄 알지만, 제가 못하는게 딱 한가지인 건 아니에요. 전 요리 못해요.

농구를 잘하긴 했었는데 해본지 너무 오래돼서 아마 못할거에요. 전 비디오게임도 잘하진 못해요. 수학도요. 제 체질이 아닌가봐요.

제가 가진 재능은 아니지만 좋은 재능인 것 같아요.

질문] 프랑스에서는 언제쯤 팬미팅 하실건가요?
전 당연히 프랑스 너무 가고 싶어요. 유럽에 가본 적이 없거든요. 음식도 먹어보고 싶고, 다른 나라의 새로운 문화도 보고싶어요.

게다가 유럽에 팬들이 많다는걸 알고 있어요. 그래서 기회가 닿는다면 가고 싶어요.

질문] 마지막으로 프랑스 제이워커즈한테 한말씀 해주신다면?
봉쥬르~ 우리가 직접 만나지 못하는데도 저를 응원해주셔서 정말 고맙습니다. 언젠가 꼭 만나서 여루분들을 위해 무대에 서고 싶어요. 얼굴도 보고 행복하게 해드리고 싶어요.

좋은 시간을 가진 후에 저는 나오고, 재범씨는 일했습니다. 정말 바쁜 스케줄에도 불구하고 만날 시간을 내주시고, 제 질문에 대답해주시고 프랑스 팬들을 기쁘게 해주셨어요. 정말 고맙습니다. 

출처; asian wave. 
영문으로 번역한 사람; mailys@jaypark.net
원글좌표; http://www.koreafever.com/mp3/interview/interview-jay-park-the-all-rounder-artist
한글로 번역한 사람; 트위터 잉여 로사 @klimr0425
*** 출처없이 다른곳에 옮기지 마시래요