http://kavenyou.com/jay-park-answers-media-questions-in-london/

On Saturday 21st September, Jay Park held his first European concert in Hammersmith Apollo, London, organised by INVAZI. Just before the concert and despite being sick, he held a press conference to answer media’s questions and KAvenyou was there. Here is the transcript of the press conference.

When are you next planning on releasing a new music video/album?

I’ll probably release a song or two before I put out the mixtape, but not soon, because you know, the mixtape I put out I think was last year, I did it so quickly. I just did it in two weeks. This time I’m really taking my time so I can shock a lot of people, not just kpop fans but everyone.

Are you planning on coming back on Saturday Night Live?

Oh yeah, I’ll still be doing SNL. I guess I haven’t been able to go on because I’ve been doing all these shows.

Is there anything you are working on now?

I have a new label I’m working on, called AOMG.

Do you have any plans to return to London?

I’ll be down to return to London, and hopefully next time I come back I won’t be sick, but yeah I would love to come back. Its a shorter of a flight than I expected. I thought it was going to be 13, 14 hours. So I’m down to come back definitely.

How do you keep yourself busy during long haul flights?

I sleep, especially since I was sick this time I was sleeping like 7 hours, and then I just watch movies. Sometimes I write music but sometimes I get too nervous *looks over shoulders* So I just watch movies.

What difference have you seen between the British or international fans in general compared to the korean fans?

I feel like the international fans are more, I don’t want to say crazy, not in a bad way, they are more like ‘Oh it’s Jay’. And because the korean fans you see them all the time. It’s not everyday I come to London. Even yesterday we told them stand back, stand back but they just kept coming at us ‘sign this, sign this, oh lets take a picture’. So like, I think they are more outgoing I guess.

You’ve got a collaboration concert with Dok2, can you tell us about your friendship with him?

In paris. Yeah man, Dok2’s been my boy since first time I met him in Seattle since 2010. So yeah, ever since then we’ve had a close friendship, we’ve helped each other out, with music and we’ve both grown a lot since then. The illionaires’ in general are killing it in korea right now. The underground hip hop scene, they are like the top, you know squad or whatever, so it feels good to see him doing what he does and him seeing me doing what I do. We help each other out every now and then .

Is there any genre of music you would like to do?

Yeah man, I haven’t really done any sad songs this past year. You know if you heard the album ‘Newbreed’  there’s a song, its an acoustic little joint on there, a sad little joint, but I haven’t really done anything like that, so I’d like to do that again, maybe some piano or something.

Are you familiar with the UK music scene?

Yeah I love Craig David. I’ve been a fan of him, ever since he done seven days I’ve been a fan of his. I like Jay Sean. I know Jessie J, I don’t really listen to her music that much but I know Jessie J. I know One Direction. I think that’s about all I know for now.

What can you tell us about Victor?

I don’t really know them. This is the first time I am meeting them. But I really appreciate that they’re  supporting my european tour.

Will you be performing any korean songs tonight?

Yes but i do have english songs and the songs from my mixtape so it’s  going to be a mixture of both.

Where do you want to visit in London but haven’t gotten the chance to?

I havent got much time to do anything. I’m a little sick so I have been inside my hotel trying to get better for my show. So I have been eating, sleeping, eating, sleeping (laughs!). But i would love to go out and do some shopping. Tonight im going to the after party event and i would like to see how its like to party in london

Would you like to release any music in the UK?

Yeah, of course! Once I start making english music, like real heavy, I’d like to  go everywhere with it, not just the States but Canada, UK, Australia, wherever they would like it. I just heard this song called ‘‘Talk Dirty To Me’ by Jason Derulo that’s really popular here but I’ve never heard about it before because it’s not popular in the States. So I would love to release something like that. I saw the music video and it was very interesting.

You mentioned One Direction, what do you think is the difference between them and the Kpop scene?

I have no idea. I never ever actually heard of any of  their songs. I heard about because I was talking to somebody and I was like ‘Yeah, I don’t think there is any real popular boy groups any more;’ and they are like ‘Have you never heard of One Direction’. I’m like ‘ One Direction? Who’s that?’. So I looked them up and knew that their followers and sales are really crazy. But I’ve never actually heard any of their music.

Would you like to do any UK tours?

Yeah, if it’s possible. I don’t think the ticket sales would do that well. I mean if its possible then I’d love to.

You’re good and dancing, you’re good at singing, what would you call your trademark characteristic of yourself?

Just the fact that I do all of them. Everytime I perform, I give it my all, drenched in sweat. I’m sure the crowd can feel that energy. I don’t know how it’s going to go today so we’ll see. Hopefully I don’t faint

Have you tried any english food and have you had your tea and ‘Krumpets’ yet?

I don’t know what crumpets are to be honest, I don’t know exactly what english food is. Fish and Chips. I have fish and chips everyday. English breakfast, cream tea. Oh yeah I’ll try cream tea.

Have you opened all the gifts that the fans gave you?

I have not, not yet. I’ve been in bed the past day, ill. Try Lemsip? I’ll try that
(Note : Lemsip is a brand of cold and flu remedies)

Do you have any messages for your fans?

Of course. Always even though I’ve never met you guys before, this is my first time meeting you guys, thank you for your love and support. You know I appreciate that to the fullest. I’ve been waiting to come here for the longest time. I went to Australia last year and I was like when am I going to get to go to Europe and like the perfect opportunity just came up so I’m glad that I’m here. Thank you for all your love an support and there’s big things going on with me so look out and hopefully even though I’m here right now I’ll be back real soon hopefully.

If you had a superpower what would it be?

Defiantly to fly, either to fly or x-ray vision.

X-ray vision, what would you use that for?

You know what, but I would like to fly. You know to feel like a bird.

Thank you. Get well soon

Thank you , Bye

http://kpopconcerts.com/kpop-concert/gallery-jay-park-london-concert-and-press-conference/